Video Marketing Trends for 2017
- South West Film
Its 2017, so, let’s look at the video marketing trends to look out for this year. Video marketing is always evolving so to stay on top, you need to stay one step ahead of the competition. Facebook Video No surprises. Video views on Facebook have increased from 1 billion to 8 billion in the past year. Facebook has invested in video in recent years, with their Facebook Live, launching just a few months ago. We predict that there will be an even bigger increase in people uploading, sharing, and discovering videos.
2. Live Video As mentioned before, Facebook introduced live video. Brands and consumers have been using Facebook Live to interact with their followers. Twitter joined with Periscope to allow users to embed live broadcasts into tweets. 82% of twitter users say that they watch videos on a regular basis. Live video creates a new opportunity.
3. Video for Sales According to recent studies, only 4% of people prefer to learn about a new product or service by reading a manual, 5% prefer speaking to someone on the phone and 44% prefer to watch a video.
4. Multi-Channel Marketing Social media channels have become the best place to share videos and gain exposure. Most consumers are watching videos on different devices and different social media platforms.
5. Video Apps “Generation Z” (13 — 24 year olds) love visual content. Enter Instagram and Snapchat. These apps are top of the “must-have” list. 10 billion videos are watched on Snapchat everyday and Instagram is more and more focused on video all the time. Instagram has launched Instagram stories allowing users to share short videos with their followers.
6. “Infotainment” Infotainment is a new genre of marketing videos. It combines ‘informative’ videos and ‘entertainment’ videos. Consumers need to digest the information you are presenting them with, but also be entertained at the same time. Without entertainment, users will click away.
7. VR Virtual Reality headsets are becoming more accessible and marketers are taking advantage of the immersive environment to gain the full attention of viewers. VR videos are still a gimmick but in 2017, we predict VR videos will become the “must-have”.
8. Email & Video Email video will allow you to keep your emails short and get your message across. Email is a always a great way to get your video in front of viewers (the people on your mailing list).
9. Micro-Targeting Advertising platforms are becoming increasingly more intelligent. Users will expect all of their content to be relevant and targeted. If it isn’t, then they won’t be interested.
10. Video & Web Design Having video content on your website is also important. We expect that marketers will be finding ways to integrate video into their web design. If a video is already playing when you arrive on a website, it encourages users to stay, which reduces bounce rate and improves SEO.