2016 has seen video marketing reach new heights for marketers. 61% of businesses have used video compared to just 34% the year before. You may still have doubts. Is it really worth to using videos for promoting your business? Here are some reasons why you should use video marketing right now.
1. Boost Sales Adding a product video on your home page can increase sales by 80%. Studies suggest that 75% of users who view a video about a product subsequently bought it. The effectiveness of video is unsurprising. Generally information transmitted to our brain is visual.
2. Great ROI 76% of businesses say that video provides excellent returns on investment. Even though video production is relatively expensive, it pays off big time. Latest research shows that users are mostly put off by videos that don’t explain the product or service clearly enough.
3. Building Trust Content marketing is based on trust and creating long-term partnerships. Let the people come to you by providing them interesting information. Video content engages us and ignites emotions. YouTubers have become powerful social media figures to promote your brand. Some consumers are still sceptical about buying products on the internet because they fear being cheated. 57% of consumers say that videos gave them more confidence to purchase online.
4. Google Loves Video Content Videos allow you to increase the time spent by visitors on your site. This builds trust and signals search engines that your site has good content. You’re 53 times more likely show up first on Google if you have a video embedded on your website. Google owns YouTube so there has been a significant increase on how much videos affect your rank.
5. Mobile Users From 2012 to 2014, mobile video views have increased by 400%. YouTube reports mobile video consumption rises 100% every year. Since people like to watch videos on the go, and the amount of smartphone users is growing, your video audience keeps getting bigger and bigger.
6. Video Explains Everything 98% of users say they’ve watched a video to learn more about a product or service. That is why 45% of businesses who use video marketing said that they have a video on their home page.
7. Lazy Buyers Today’s life is busy. The modern customer wants to see the products in action. Video marketing can capture a wider audience. Make sure you target the eyes and the ears of the potential client.
8. Social Shares Social networks also encourage video content with their new features. Facebook has launched 3600 Video, Live Video, and Lifestage. Instagram has the 60-Second Videos & Instagram Stories, Twitter has Periscope. 76% of users say they would share a video with their friends if it was interesting. So make fun videos to encourage social shares.
9.Video Ads The average click-through-rate of video ads is 1.84%. That’s the highest CTR of all digital ad formats! Video ads are highly effective in social media platforms.
10. Email Campaigns Incorporate video in your email marketing campaigns. An introductory email that includes a video receives an increase click-through rate by 96%!